Wednesday, 1 September 2010

Am I the only one....

Reading back over my learning log I have realised that its quite matter of fact and, although it shows the exercises I have completed, gives no sense of me personally or my likes/dislikes in terms of photography.

I have also looked back on a couple of the exercises and know that I should have spent longer on them, not because I would have learnt anything different, but because the pictures are really un-inspiring. E.g. the exercise on focus. Am I the only person who feels this?  I could re-do these exercises hundreds of times with different photographs and still not be happy with them.

I have decided to re-do this particular exercise but, instead of deleting the original post, I am going to leave them both available. Perhaps I'll look back in another month and find something else that needs changing....if I'm not careful this course could go on forever.

3 comments:

  1. Hi, hope you don't mind me posting a comment here. I've just started doing the same course as you, and somehow came across your blog.

    I agree with you about needing to spend more time on the projects. It would be relatively easy to rattle off a few pictures that would fulfil the requirements of the exercise, but I realise that I'm not here to do that, I'm here to learn, and as I have never had to specifically take photos to fulfil a certain purpose, I am going to have to put some thought into each exercise, otherwise I will simply be ticking off exercises, rather than actually improving my skills.

    Good luck with the course.

    Pippa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Pippa, think we're probably at about the same stage of the course. Hope you're enjoying it as much as I am - so much to think about isn't there? Feel free to pop in from time to time.

    Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pondering on this myself and actually have a different point of view. I feel that getting the exercise done will leave me more time to take the photos I want to take myself :). My only concern is around whether i will be marked down for taking photos that are not aesthetically pleasing.

    ReplyDelete