Tuesday, 28 September 2010

Thinking about upcoming assignment

This week I have spent a lot of time thinking about my images for the first assignment. I had hoped to have this finished by the end of September and this was the date given by my tutor, Geoff, but I have had to call him and ask for an extension to the submission date.


Now I feel like a real student!


I'm really enjoying the coursework and have been looking at the work and finding inspiration from other photographers work e.g. Arbus, Weston and Mapplethorpe. (that's his flower studies not his more riske portraits).


I 've also been looking at some other students work on-line and have decided, after a discussion with my tutor, to follow my instincts and submit the images as mounted prints. I had thought about a printed book e.g blurb photobooks but then I have no control over the finished print and in some cases prefer to use matt or textured photo paper.    


So, I have my first three images completed and printed. I hope to get the rest finalised and sent to my tutor within a couple of weeks.


In the meantime I still have 3 exercise to write up, clean the house, feed the hubby and kids. OMG! I'm never going to get this finished - the hubby and kids will have to starve!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment