Wednesday, 13 October 2010

Explore on flickr

I have fallen behind with my exercises and also my assignment!

Despite thinking about the blasted thing every waking minute, time just gets in the way. I'm really enjoying this course and if nothing else it's also making me think about my style as a photographer. There are many photographers both historic and current, amateur and professional whose work I appreciate and all have varied genre.

I still don't know what my 'style' is - but I have recently uploaded a picture to flickr which has made it into 'Explore'. It happens to be an image that I am using for assignment 1 of TAOP - curved.

No pressure now of course to take another 15 images that are as good!  However, had it not been for the exercises in the course it's not a picture I would have probably taken. Think there's a lesson to be learnt there....

2 comments:

  1. A very pertinent observation Nicola and I share your sentiment - there are lots of images I've taken for the course that I might not otherwise have seen let alone snapped. Also share your thoughts re time; I spend a lot of time thinking about Assignment 3 etc but since my holiday there hasn't been the time to do much with it. Ho hum - hang on in there though - you are not alone!
    Kind Regards
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the reassurance Dave. It's nice to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete