Saturday, 28 May 2011

Steep Learning Curve

Last week I got a fab new camera. Not that there was anything wrong with my existing Canon 400d but, you know how it is, it's your birthday and you agree to go halves with hubby if he'll buy you it etc. etc.

So I now have a shiny new Nikon D7000. It's great. Only downside is in changing brands from Canon to Nikon I need to learn how to use it all over again and the manual is 3 inches thick. I should have probably decided to get a new camera before I started this course not half way through but anyway I have and today I went out with some friends from the St Andrews Photographic Society to shoot portraits....something else I don't know much about.

What a day. A local model came along for the shoot and was very patient with the beginners like myself in the group. My new camera is now set up exactly as I want it and I never once had to look at the manual. I learnt a fair bit about portrait taking too which seems to have grabbed my interest at the moment.
Nicola Boyter
None of this has helped me complete the exercises for part 3 of TAOP but the upshot is I'm still very enthusiastic about the course and my minds buzzing with things I want to try and ideas for little projects. There's still so much to learn. I don't want to rush through this course and not give it my best effort but I can't wait to get it finished so I can get onto the next one. Oh dear...I think I've been bitten by the bug.........

No comments:

Post a Comment